Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 26, 2012

SOS! SOS! Math Manipulatives

Welcome back to Super Organizing Saturday! SOS!

Is there anyone else out there that doesn't know what to do with all those math manipulatives? If you are an early childhood teacher, you definitely have A LOT of objects that you use for your students to practice a variety of concepts such as counting, 1:1, patterning, adding, subtracting, and more! It's not an easy thing to keep track of all those small pieces, or store them when you students are not using them.....UNTIL NOW!

I finally found a way that will work for me AND will look nice and neat whether inside a cabinet (which is where I keep my manipulatives) or on a countertop or bookshelf. This technique may work for you as well. All you need are some 5-drawer plastic units from Wal-Mart (they are cheaper there), chalk vinyl, and a chalk ink pen! Here we go with me and my chalk vinyl again. But if you've been keeping up with me, I DID order that 50 yard roll (and my 12 yard share) ----so I am putting it to good use already.

It was WAY easy, and is going to work like a charm! What do you think? Weigh in with your thoughts, and any other suggestions that you have for organizing your math manipualtives/counters!





Have a HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love it!

    I am thinking about buying the chalkboard vinyl this summer but haven't made up my mind yet

    Where did you get yours?

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    Shuna P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine from a company online called Hexis. You can also get great pre-cut labels in a variety of shapes, designs, and sizes---anything you want----from Lake Effect Treasury on Etsy. Her prices are really great, too! http://www.etsy.com/shop/LakeEffectTreasury?ref=ss_profile

    ReplyDelete